All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAll levels of swimmers will benefit from this new book, including competitive swimmers and club swimmers. This book will be an ideal tool for coaches who are interested in setting up conditioning programmes for their teams. This book comprehensively addresses the special conditioning needs of swimmers, including specific exercises for each stroke, for starts, turns and tapering plans. It includes sample conditioning plans for younger swimmers, competitive swimmers, masters swimmers and even triathletes. In addition, the DVD takes the reader to the pool and into the gym to demonstrate the drills and exercises used by the sport's elite. This book is simply the best guide to preparing the body for competitive success.
- Author BiographyScott Riewald worked as USA Swimming's biomechanics director at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. In that role he provided services to many of the nation's top swimmers. He earned his MS and PhD in biomedical engineering at Northwestern University. As an undergraduate he was a competitive swimmer at Boston University where he still holds several school and conference records. Riewald currently works as the biomechanics director for the US Tennis Association in Key Biscayne, Florida. Dave Salo has been one of the nation's top swimming coaches for more than 15 years and currently is the head coach of the USC men's and women's swimming teams. Before joining the Trojan swim programme, Salo served as head coach of Irvine Novaquatics, where he trained Olympic medallists Lenny Krayzelburg, Aaron Peirsol, Amanda Beard and Jason Lezak. Over his career, he has continued to serve at the national level, accepting coaching assignments for the United States at the 2005 World Championships and the 2001 Goodwill Games.
- Author(s)Dave Salo,Scott A. Riewald
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 134 black & white halftones
- Weight572 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and DVD
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.