Complete Guide for New Single Dads: Everything You Need to Know About Raising Healthy, Happy Children on Your Own by Craig W. Baird (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.00+ AU $8.25 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by buttercup993
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaising a child alone whether you are a father or mother can be the most trying experience in anyone s life. Learning to handle all the many duties that two people would rmally deal with and adjusting to the overwhelming demands of a child on a daily basis is a trying experience. Yet, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated in 2006 that over 12.9 million single parents raise their children alone. While a small percentage of that was single fathers (2.5 million), the hard reality of raising a child alone remains the same for either parent. Through hours of meticulous research and interviews, this book was compiled to show exactly how a single father can raise a child alone to be happy and healthy without the help of a second parent. You will learn, as a single father, how to reassure your children and maintain the feeling of a family. You will learn how to help them feel better regardless of whether you are a single father through death or divorce. You will learn how to treat your children and how to communicate with them. The basics of discipline and rules will be outlined for a single-parent household, along with tips on how you can have fun with your children the right and healthy way. You will learn the differences between having daughters versus sons as a father, and how to handle the myriad issues that the mother would rmally handle. Dozens of hours of interviews with experts in child psychology and child raising were conducted, and have been included in this book to provide a complete outline of what you can expect throughout raising your children. You will learn how to turn your house into a home, divvying up space, having pets, and how to handle chores. You will learn how to find reliable child care and how to juggle your time among your work, your children, and yourself. You will learn how to deal with school and ensure that your children get the attention they need to succeed. The basics of cooking and health care for children and how to handle their emotional issues as they grow older will all be outlined for you. For every father alone for the first time or unsure of how to raise a child alone, this book will provide the detailed instruction you need to be the best possible single father.
- Author BiographyCraig Baird is a writer based out of rural Canada, where he lives on a ranch with his wife and dogs. He has published several books and short stories, as well as written for magazines and newspapers across Canada. When he is not writing, he spends his time traveling the country and hiking in the outdoors with his wife, Layla.
- Author(s)Craig W. Baird
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/01/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight424 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.