Complete Guide to Camping and Wilderness Survival: Backpacking * Equipment and Tools * Ropes and Knots * Boating * Tracking * Fire Building * Navigation * Pathfinding * Shelter Building * Wildnerness First Aid * Rescue by Vin T. Sparano (Paperback, 2016)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the award-winning Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia, this volume is the most complete camping instruction book published. This monumental full-color guide to the outdoors features more than 600 photographs, diagrams, and illustrations, clearly explaining and illustrating the most successful techniques for any camping or backcountry survival scenario. Sure to be an indispensable resource, it offers in-depth coverage of tents, bedding and sleeping bags, boots and footwear, leave--trace methodology, camp and backpacking stoves, camp kitchens, menus and cooking, tools, backpacks, ropes and kts, and boats, recreational vehicles, and allterrain vehicles. Hiking and camping in the backcountry is fully covered, along with wilderness survival skills. Emergency and wilderness first aid, navigation and pathfinding, shelter building, wilderness search and rescue, finding sustenance through foraging edible plants, survival hunting and fishing, setting snares, and nutrition, preparation, and cooking of game are all explored in detail. This book is a must-have reference guide for both vice and experienced campers.
- Author BiographyVin T. Sparano is the author of Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia. He has been an outdoor editor and writer for more than fifty years. He is editor emeritus of Outdoor Life, and has written and edited more than fifteen books about the outdoors. In 2013, he was inducted into the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Vin T. Sparano
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note600 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.