Complete Guide to Growing Tomatoes: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply - Including Heirloom Tomatoes by Cherie H. Everhart (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe average tomato farmer has more than 100 varieties of tomatoes, ranging from the sweetest, juiciest strains available to the smallest, easiest to grow options out there. Tomatoes are found in thousands of dishes across the world and they are toriously expensive, especially in years when bad weather can destroy anywhere between 10% and 60% of the crops harvested in the United States annually. For all these reasons and more, many people have taken to growing their own tomatoes, setting up containers in their kitchens and digging plots in the back yard. But, effectively growing tomatoes is more than just a hobby for most. It is a challenge and without the right kwledge of how tomatoes grow and what they need, it can be downright frustrating. Growing tomatoes is a task anyone can accomplish and enjoy and this book strives to provide every possible resource and tip needed for you to become one of a growing legion of tomato growers. You will learn the fundamental basic aspects of all tomato plants that have helped growers around the world master their craft and create the largest tomatoes around. You will learn the basics of composting and fertilisation and what each tomato plant benefits best from. You will also learn how to select your garden location and the seemingly complex but ideal task of starting from seed with your new tomato plants. You will learn what kinds of support systems are best for each kind of tomato plant, including the kinds of watering, cages, and nets that your plants might benefit most from. Tomato experts who have created a livelihood for themselves in growing and mastering the tomato plant have been interviewed around the country and their responses added to the book, helping you to kw how to set the plants, prune them effectively, read a tomato plant at various times during the season and even to combat the various trials and tribulations of tomato growing, from pests and disease to frost and storms. Everything you could possibly need to kw about tomatoes, how to grow them and how to effectively start a new hobby and possibly create secondary income, is included in this guide for you.
- Author BiographyCherie Everhart grew up watching her dad garden and eventually started gardening herself. She earned a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of North Carolina, and her career was in corporate research and development for several major corporations. She is now retired from corporate research, but continues to garden. Prior to this book, her writing experience has been technical in nature including a thesis, technical reports, journal articles, and patents. She currently lives and gardens in Alpharetta, Georgia. Her garden is currently about 2,500 square feet, including a variety of berries and vegetables.
- Author(s)Cherie H. Everhart
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.