All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionWheatgrass, that simple green plant you see growing above the counter in your favourite smoothie shops, is one of the most versatile, intrinsically useful vegetable matters available to you. It can be blended into almost anything, grows in any temperate or warm climate, and is chock full of so many vitamins and fibre that it can take the place of up to two or three servings of vegetables every day if used properly. More and more people are taking advantage of this highly useful plant and growing it themselves, but for many, the lack of instruction and direction can lead to frustration and confusion over how the plant is supposed to be grown and what it needs to thrive. This book guides you through the process of t only growing, but successfully cultivating wheatgrass for your own personal use in nearly any endeavour, from selling at local farmers markets to mixing in with your home made smoothies. You will learn what wheatgrass does for you and your body; providing the necessary energy you need to lose weight and helping to fight illness by boosting your immune system. You will learn how to grow your own wheatgrass and how chlorophyll functions within wheatgrass, reducing environmental hazards, cleaning your blood with unique enzymes, improving liver function, and deodorising the body.
- Author BiographyThough born in the United States, Loraine R. Degraff considers herself international due to her military family background. Her father s assignments led the family through the states and overseas. She is a Duke University graduate and a recipient of a master s degree in graphic design from Pratt Institute. Pursuing a childhood dream of a writing career earned her an advanced diploma from the Institute of Children s Literature in West Redding, Connecticut. Degraff currently lives in New York with her husband and five children, regularly augmenting her writing portfolio, which consists of several musical dramas, business and travel guides, children s stories, poems, and numerous articles. Based on her interest in the human body and its ability to heal itself, Degraff turned her writing focus to the area of alternative health. Her knowledge in this area, obtained through extensive research and hands-on experience growing and preparing organic herbs and produce beneficial to the body, laid a foundation for the writing of The Complete Guide to Growing and Using Wheatgrass. Degraff believes individuals can make better decisions for their personal health if they are better informed of the choices available to them. For more information about Degraff and her work, visit www.lorainedegraff.com.
- Author(s)Loraine R. Degraff
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.