Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado: The Definitive Reference for All the Best Roads, Rides & Tips by Steve Farson (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are other places in the world where motorcycle enthusiasts can ride into rarefied air at timberline past sw-capped peaks, or deep into rock-filled desert canyons, or along a big river in a fertile glacial valley, or across open plains and rangeland to the far horizon. That you can do all of this in one day, if t in a morning, is Colorado's special allure. The first truly comprehensive book for this motorcycling paradise contains colourful in-depth descriptions of 172 different rides that can be combined in a variety of ways to create the best trips for all riding styles and interests. Though the emphasis throughout the book is on the ride itself, either on-road or off, historical background is given for the many ghost towns, abandoned mines, railroads, and historic sites that are inevitably encountered along the way. Each ride is mapped individually, with regional maps showing how the rides can be combined to form journeys from half a day to several days in length. The many colour photos introduce you to the incredible variety of terrain found in Colorado and show why riding here is on almost every motorcyclist's must-do list. An interesting feature of the book is its use of historical photos, placed next to present-day shots of the same location, which show how much (or how little) has changed in the intervening years. Any motorcyclist who enjoys the ride as much or more than the destination will be drawn to Colorado. Riders who are lucky eugh to live in the Colorado area, as well as those visiting from afar, will find this book a unique and indispensable resource.
- Author BiographyAs a long-time resident of Colorado, Steve Farson has roamed all over the state in search of mountains to climb, trails to hike, and especially roads to ride. Though travels in his corporate life have enabled him to ride motorcycles in many places around the country and abroad, he has yet to find anywhere that offers the wide diversity of riding opportunities available in Colorado. For the past ten years, he has shared his riding finds as a popular motorcycle magazine writer, an administrator for several online motorcycle community forums, a creator of some of the best motorcycle ride videos around.
- Author(s)Steve Farson
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note220 maps & 300 colour photos
- Weight828 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.70
- AU $78.43Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.