All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete guide to primary swimming is designed to support school teachers with limited kwledge and experience of teaching swimming deliver the swimming component of the National Curriculum for key stages 1 and 2. Teachers already possess a range of skills and expertise that can be easily transferred into the pool environment and by demystifying the teaching of swimming this book allows them to teach it effectively, safely and enjoyably. Time for the planning of swimming lessons can be limited and therefore this publication will become a constant source of reference for anyone involved in teaching swimming to children aged seven to eleven. This practical guide is spiral-bound and even printed on waterproof material allowing it to be used at the poolside without fear of damage. Teaching resource for n-specialist swimming teachers.
- Author BiographyJohn Lawton has been involved in the teaching of swimming since 1967 and taught for 14 years before being appointed Physical Education Adviser for Leicestershire in 1981. In 1991 he took up the post of Director of Education for the National Governing Body for swimming in England (ASA) which he held for 14 years. During this time one of his main areas of work related to the training and development of teachers and coaches for all of the aquatic disciplines. Since leaving the ASA in 2006 he has been employed by the organisation on a consultancy basis for a number of projects, one of which is the development of a programme for the training of primary school teachers.
- Author(s)John Lawton
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note125 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight363 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.