Complete Guide to Renovating Older Homes: How to Make it Easy & Save Thousands by Jeanne B. Lawson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOld homes come with a character unmatched by recently built houses on the market The craftsmanship is often more distinct, the architectural elements more refined, the wood floors and trims more detailed, and the structure more solid and settled. A certain amount of revation must be done to the older homes, and remodelling your home can make it come alive, fix its flaws, enhance its interior, and even make it more eco-friendly. However, revating can be time consuming, expensive, and nerve-racking, leaving the homeowner in a dust whirl-wind with everything that needs to be done. This guide helps you to overcome these challenges bringing you home-owner bliss. To begin, you will learn how to estimate and stick to your revation budget, as well as some key cost-cutting techniques to help you come in under budget. You will learn what building codes to follow before your begin your project, as well as the projects you can do on your own and what you might need professional assistance on. This book takes you through the complete remodelling process from the bottom up, beginning with the foundation. The book also presents ideas for revating your family room, bedrooms, attic, basement, kitchen, and bathroom, as well as a variety of floor plans to follow if you need some help getting started. You will learn how to select and install cabinets and counter tops, as well as how to fully update sinks, taps, appliances, baths, showers and toilets. You will also learn how to overcome the challenges associated with water, electricity, asbestos, tanks and wells, and cesspools. There are step-by-step instructions for some of the most common projects, including installing drywall, upgrading windows and doors, and installing flooring. There is a section on exterior revations, which contains information on skylights, garage doors, sunrooms, decks, and pools. Whether you are attempting your first project or are a seasoned professional, this is an indispensable companion for any homeowner with a project or two in mind.
- Author BiographyJeanne B. Lawson has a master s degree in business administration from Simmons College School of Management and a bachelor s degree in sociology from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. She writes about business, health care, consumer topics, and technical subjects, and has worked in many phases of the business end of publishing since 1990. Since 1995, she has been repairing and renovating older homes. She has completed courses in welding, carpentry, plumbing/electrical repair, horticulture, and landscape design. Today, she continues to restore a house built in 1895 that is located in a business district that is part of the National Register of Historic Places. She has owned a landscape design business, a map publishing company, and an antique shop specializing in old books, maps, and prints.
- Author(s)Jeanne B. Lawson
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byEmily Burrows
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.70
- AU $78.43Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.