All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a step-by-step guide to playing the electric guitar, shown in over 600 photographs, illustrations and exercises. It shows you how to master a range of diverse musical styles, such as funk and disco, heavy rock, indie rock, electric blues, country guitar, jazz, lounge and reggae. It includes a beautifully illustrated directory of over 250 electric guitars from the 1930s up to the modern day. It discusses the complete history of the electric guitar, from the early archtops and lap steels up to the latest developments, including the Fender stratocaster, the Gibson Les Paul, the electric bass and the superstrats. It contains boxed features on influential electric heroes, such as Eric Clapton, Mark Kpfler, George Harrison, Allan Holdsworth, B. B. King, Jimmy Page, and many more. The electric guitar is arguably the most important musical instrument of the modern age. This book explains how to buy the right instrument and set it up, and how to play. It demonstrates basic techniques and chords, and introduces genres such as rock 'n' roll, jazz, heavy rock, metal and blues. A history section explores the first electric guitars, and how the great rivalry between Fender and Gibson led to an explosion in the popularity of the instrument. With expert step-by-step instructions, an illustrated directory of over 250 guitars, and over 600 photographs and musical exercises, this comprehensive manual is an essential guide for all electric guitarists.
- Author BiographyTerry Burrows has written over 50 titles and sold over 4 million books, many in the field of music tuition. As a musician, he has been responsible for over 40 commercial releases, as well as working in performance, production and bespoke composition for television and film. Ted Fuller is a professional guitarist, proficient in a wide variety of genres and styles. He works as an arranger for music publishers, has written several guitar tuition books, and is also an examiner for a rock music exam board.
- Author(s)Ted Fuller,Terry Burrows
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.