Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Oxford Companion to Children's Literature it says of James Reeves, 'His real achievement, however, lies in his poetry, which is generally regarded as the best British 'serious' children's verse since Walter de la Mare - though the poems are usually far from serious in subject-matter.' In this complete edition, first published in 1973, the delight is two-fold as the poems are complemented by Edward Ardizzone's beautiful and witty illustrations.
- Author BiographyJames Reeves (1909-78) was a poet, educationalist and folklorist. He read English at Cambridge University, where he co-founded the influential literary magazine Experiment with Jacob Bronowski. After university, he forged a successful career in teaching, but failing eyesight forced him to retire in 1952, whereupon he became a full-time writer and editor. His other publications include Collected Poems, 1929-1974, Complete Poems for Children (1973), and, with Martin Seymour-Smith, Inside Poetry (1970).
- Author(s)James Reeves
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Edward Ardizzone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.