Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFor 36 years, Don Read created successful college teams kwn for their standout quarterbacks. Now this former Division IAA championship coach puts his experience on paper, creating the ultimate guide for comprehensive quarterback development. The team leader needs to kw exactly what is happening on the line of scrimmage, who can get open to catch a pass, and who is in position to run the ball. He needs to be able to read the defense and react accordingly. He must be a team motivator and effective communicator, and he must be able to withstand the physical and mental pressures of this most prestigious position. Complete Quarterbacking gives you all that information and more.In addition to thorough descriptions and diagrams on how to recognize and react to the opponent's coverage in run and pass situations, this book covers game preparation as well as the fine details of clock management. You'll get the detailed advice you need to run more organized practices and create a more dynamic offense. Complete Quarterbacking also covers performance evaluation and off-season development so that you can be confident your quarterback is performing to the best of his ability. Coach Read earned his stripes building athletic programs for the University of Montana, Portland State, the University of Oregon, and Oregon Tech. Now you can learn from his unique insights as Read lays out a comprehensive plan of attack to take quarterback performance to a higher level.
- Author BiographyDon Read is perhaps best known for his ability to overcome obstacles and to produce winning football teams that were led by outstanding quarterbacks. He began his head coaching career in 1962 in the high school ranks at Petaluma, California where he took a downtrodden program to four straight championships. During this time he was chosen NCAA Coach of the Year twice. Subsequent coaching stops include Humboldt State University, two stints at Portland State University, University of Oregon, Oregon Institute of Technology, and the University of Montana where he coached from 1986 until he retired in 1996 after leading the Grizzlies to their first-ever national championship in 1995. With each new job Read was given the daunting task of turning around a losing program. Read met that challenge each and every time with success on the field and admiration from his colleagues as well as his players. Winning more than 70% of his games, Don Read ranks among the nation's most successful coaches. He has coached 49 players who have gone on to play in professional football including Jim Costello, Tim Von Dulm, June Jones, Dan Fouts, and Norv Turner. Read has been the Western Football Conference, Evergreen Conference, and Big Sky Conference Coach of the Year and NCAA Regional Coach of the Year twice and National Coach of the Year. Don Read is a highly sought after clinician who has written scores of articles on coaching and the quarterback position. Read is a Christian and dedicated family man and lives in Colorado with his wife Lois.
- Author(s)Don Read
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2002
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note120 black & white illustrations, 84 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byDan Fouts
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.