CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Complete Swahili Beginner to Intermediate Course: (Audio Support Only) Learn to Read, Write, Speak and Understand a New Language with Teach Yourself: Audio Support by Joan Russell (CD-Audio, 2010)
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $11.61Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis product is most effective when used in conjunction with the corresponding book. - You can purchase the book and double CD as a pack (ISBN: 9781444105629) - The book is also sold separately (ISBN: 9781444105612) (copy and paste the ISBN number into the search bar to find these products) Are you looking for a complete course in Swahili which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Swahili will guarantee success! Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but w with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work. By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: NOT GOT MUCH TIME? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. GRAMMAR TIPS Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding. USEFUL VOCABULARY Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking. DIALOGUES Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast. PRONUNCIATION Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go. TEST YOURSELF Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Swahili speakers. TRY THIS Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it. The course is available as a book (9781444105612), as a pack comprising the book and double CD (9781444105629) and as a double CD (9781444105636).
- Author BiographyJoan Russell was born in London and taught there for a few years before leaving for Tanzania, where she taught in various institutions over the next seven years, at the same time acquiring the basics of Swahili. Her interest in the language continued during a two-year attachment to the Curriculum Development and Research Centre in Nairobi. On her return from Kenya she completed a degree in Language and Linguistics at the University of York and stayed on there to carry out sociolinguistic research on Swahili and its functions. This entailed regular extended visits to eastern Africa. She became Senior Lecturer in linguistics and African studies at the University of York.
- Author(s)Joan Russell
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2016
- Weight90 g
- Width143 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time140
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.