All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcise and well-presented, this guide will be invaluable to any Ph.D. student seeking to successfully complete their thesis. Based on students' direct experiences, topics include developing your argument, planning your time, editing, what examiners are looking for, talking about your research, and the viva.
- Author BiographyKATE WILLIAMS manages Upgrade, the Study Advice Service at Oxford Brookes University, UK. She has worked with students from Foundation to Ph.D. level and has written a range of books and materials on study skills. She is the Pocket Study Skills series editor. EMILY BETHELL completed her interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Biology, Anthropology and Psychology in 2009 and now works as a Senior Lecturer in Primatology and Animal Behaviour at Liverpool John Moores University, UK. JUDITH LAWTON works as an English and Additional Language Adviser and is former Deputy Head of Hounslow EAL Service, UK. She has undertaken doctoral research in bilingual learner education and has 40 years of experience in teaching and teacher training. CLARE PARFITT-BROWN is a Senior Lecturer in Dance at the University of Chichester, UK. Her Ph.D. focused on the history of the can-can and led to ongoing research into the cultural histories of popular dance practices. MARY RICHARDSON completed an ESRC-funded Ph.D. investigating the assessment of Citizenship Education in 2008. She is now a Senior Lecturer in Education at Froebel College, Roehampton University, UK and continues to develop research in the areas of both assessment and citizenship education. VICTORIA ROWE worked as a piano teacher for many years prior to completing her Ph.D. in 2008. She is currently a Teaching Associate at the University of Sheffield, UK and also works as a freelance researcher.
- Author(s)Clare Parfitt-Brown,Emily Bethell,Judith Lawton,Kate Williams,Mary Richardson,Victoria Rowe
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePocket Study Skills
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5 tables
- Weight88 g
- Width138 mm
- Height108 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.