All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlending the conceptual, theoretical, and practical, the book becomes a dissertation in action-a logical and cohesive explanation and illustration of content and process. The Third Edition addresses the particular needs of online doctoral students in relation to advisement and peer support and has been thoroughly updated and expanded throughout to reflect recent developments in the field. ?New to this edition: *Expanded coverage of qualitative research methodology and qualitative analysis better prepares students for successful completion of their doctoral dissertations. *Coverage of key elements of the dissertation, such as reflexivity, rigor, conceptual framework, methodological congruence, and synthesis clarify each aspect of the process. *Updated tables, figures, checklists, and templates reinforce concepts and help students organize, manage, and present data. *Updated, more reader-friendly Application sections include a broader range of qualitative traditions or genres, including critical approaches. *Useful rubrics for evaluating the overall quality of a qualitative dissertation and the quality of the literature review w appear in appendices for easy reference.
- Author BiographyLinda Dale Bloomberg is former adjunct faculty in adult learning and leadership at Teachers College, Columbia University. As senior researcher for the South African Human Sciences Research Council and National Institute for Personnel Research, Dr. Bloomberg's work focused on change management, diversity initiatives, and enhanced workplace learning. She currently teaches qualitative research in graduate programs, serves as dissertation advisor, and also serves as consultant to various research, higher education, and nonprofit advisory boards. She is founder of Bloomberg Associates and ILIAD (Institute for Learning Innovations and Adult Development), and a cofounder of Columbia University's Global Learning and Leadership Institute. She has authored and edited numerous publications in the fields of organizational evaluation, qualitative research, leadership development, adult learning, and distance education, including 100 Questions (and Answers) About a Qualitative Dissertation (Sage, 2016). She is currently working on Executive Coaching: Supporting Adult Development and Implications for Learning and Leadership. Dr. Bloomberg holds master's degrees in counseling psychology, organizational psychology, and Jewish education. In 2006 she received her doctorate in adult education and organizational learning from Columbia University. Marie Volpe is adjunct faculty in adult learning and leadership at Teachers College, Columbia University, where she teaches dissertation seminars and serves as advisor to doctoral candidates. She conducts workshops for teachers in Mongolia and lectures on qualitative research methods at Suzhou University, China. After a career spanning thirty-five years with Exxon Corporation, where she held the position of manager of education and development, Dr. Volpe embarked on a second career in higher education, in which she has practiced for the past twenty years. She has contributed to publications in the areas of staff development and informal learning in the workplace. She received her master's in organizational psychology and doctorate in adult education from Columbia University.
- Author(s)Linda D. Bloomberg,Marie F. Volpe
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.