Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a sharp, sardonic, perceptive and painfully funny book about money, love and the sorrows and joys of modern family life by a talented debut author. Set in our age of property obsession, Completion is a state-of-the-nation vel about valuing the wrong things, investing in the wrong people, and whether home is ever really a house. The Manvilles' North London home was once an example to their peers: the subject of 'The House on the Hill', Pen's series of popular children's books, and a recurring feature of the newspaper lifestyle sections. But since Pen and Jerry's divorce, the house has fallen out of use, and so has the family. Jerry, formerly an award-winning ad-man, is beginning to leave a trail of ex-wives and semi-estranged children across the city. In the south of France, Pen has perfected her garden, but her new marriage comes as more of a struggle. In the tedious heat of Dubai, their daughter Isobel, an accidental ex-pat, spends the days igring her own children and managing her online virtual farm. And in his grotty flat in deepest East London, her brother Conrad cleans his bicycles and wonders what to do with his life - besides pursuing his latest crush. When Pen decides it's finally time to sell the house, Jerry discovers some unexpected new occupants who violently disagree. Soon, the Manvilles - each of them funny, flawed and sporadically lovable - will have to say goodbye to The House on the Hill.
- Author BiographyTim Walker was born in Surrey in 1980. He lives with his wife in California, where he is the Los Angeles correspondent for the Independent. Completion is his first novel.
- Author(s)Tim Walker
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Heinemann Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/11/2016
- Weight623 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.