Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is concerned with the issue of predication as the central theme of all linguistic theories. In some languages 'verbs' are t the only predicative elements. Other word categories have the same capability. This book focuses on the constructions where a predicative adjective or preposition fuse with a 'bleached verb' as the impoverished form of the verbal element to form what is called a complex predicate or 'nuclear juncture' (NJ.). The framework adopted here is Role and Reference Grammar (RRG) Theory (Van Valin 2005). These complex predicates in Persian have received little attention in literature and the few studies carried out have t provided a detailed analysis of these nuclear junctures. Complex Predicates in Modern Persian scrutinizes the types of adjectives/prepositions used in these constructions and the syntax-semantics interface using the data in Persian, one of the oldest Indo-European languages.
- Author BiographyZari Saeedi is Assistant Professor in the Department of English Language and Literature at Allameh Tabataba'i University in Tehran.
- Author(s)Zari Saeedi
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note30 figures
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.