Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe difficulty in achieving effective translation of basic mechanistic biomedical kwledge into effective therapeutics, is the greatest challenge in biomedical research. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the reductionist approaches to understanding and manipulating the acute inflammatory response in the settings of sepsis, trauma/hemorrhage, wound healing, and related processes. This book discusses complex systems and computational biology methods and approaches that have advanced sufficiently to allow for kwledge generation, kwledge integration, and clinical translation in the settings of complex diseases related to the inflammatory response. Well-regulated, self-resolving inflammation is necessary for the appropriate communication and resolution of infection and trauma, and for maintenance of proper physiology and homeostasis. In contrast, self-sustaining inflammation drives the pathobiology of the aforementioned diseases. It is w increasingly recognized that controlling and reprogramming inflammation in order to reap the benefits of this evolutionarily-conserved process is preferred to simply abolishing indiscriminately.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight619 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGary An,Y. Vodovotz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.