All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this comprehensive and accessible text continues to offer students a challenging and enjoyable study of complex variables that is infused with perfect balanced coverage of mathematical theory and applied topics. The author explains fundamental concepts and techniques with precision and introduces the students to complex variable theory through conceptual develop-ment of analysis that enables them to develop a thorough understanding of the topics discussed. Geometric interpretation of the results, wherever necessary, has been inducted for making the analysis more accessible. The level of the text assumes that the reader is acquainted with elementary real analysis. Beginning with the revision of the algebra of complex variables, the book moves on to deal with analytic functions, elementary functions, complex integration, sequences, series and infinite products, series expansions, singularities and residues. The application-oriented chapters on sums and integrals, conformal mappings, Laplace transform, and some special topics, provide a practical-use perspective. Enriched with many numerical examples and exercises designed to test the student's comprehension of the topics covered, this book is written for a one-semester course in complex variables for students in the science and engineering disciplines.
- Author BiographyH.S. KASANA, Ph.D., is Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics and Computer Applications, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. He worked as 'Visiting Fellow' at Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden in 1990. He has been nominated as 'Senior Associate' by UNESCO through International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy for a period of six years (2002 - 2007). He also worked as 'Visiting Professor' at Mathematisches forschungs Institut, Oberwolfach Germany, during 2003. Professor Kasana has published more than hundred research papers in international journals of repute and guided several research scholars for their Ph.D. degree. His topics of research interest are Complex Analysis, Approximation Theory, and Optimization Techniques. He has authored a book entitled Introductory Operations Research, published by Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg (Germany).
- Author(s)H.S. Kasana
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication30/03/2005
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.