All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEvery cataract surgeon is afraid of complications, but while complications cant be entirely avoided, it is possible to learn to master them. This practical handbook clearly explains how to manage the various complications that may arise during cataract surgery, from a subluxated intraocular lens to a dropped nucleus. It provides the surgeon with clear instructions on how best to proceed in the manner of a cookbook, by first describing the ingredients (equipment) and preparation (planning) and then providing step by step descriptions of technique with the aid of numerous helpful color illustrations and several accompanying surgical videos. Surgical pearls and tips and tricks are highlighted. Using this book, the reader will become a better and more complete cataract surgeon, well equipped to cope with the full range of potential complications.
- Author BiographyUlrich Spandau studied medicine at the University of Wurzburg in Germany before completing residencies in the Departments of Ophthalmology at the University of Heidelberg and the University of Mannheim-Heidelberg. He undertook further surgical training at the Eye Clinic, Koblenz and became an accredited specialist in ophthalmology in 2003. In 2004 Dr. Spandau was appointed Oberarzt (consultant) in the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Mannheim-Heidelberg and he subsequently became Vice Director of the department. He completed his PhD and received his venia legendi in 2005. In 2008 Dr. Spandau became Consultant and Head of Surgery at the Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Uppsala, Sweden. He has been an associate professor since 2013. He has published 52 in indexed, peer-reviewed journals and is co-author of the previous Springer book, Practical Handbook for Small-Gauge Vitrectomy.
- Author(s)Gabor Scharioth,Ulrich Spandau
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/08/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 467 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight726 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.