All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionWritten and edited by leading international authorities in the field, this book provides an in-depth review of kwledge of complications of CSF shunting, with emphasis on prevention, identification, and management. It covers the full range of shunt-related complications and the various associated adverse consequences that remain common despite significant improvements in imaging techniques and therapeutic methods. The chapters are organized into two parts: complications of extrathecal CSF shunt devices and complications of endoscopy. In addition to providing clinicians and investigators with the most pertinent current evidence, the book looks forward to future areas of hydrocephalus research and to invative therapeutic philosophies. This comprehensive reference book will be an ideal source for neurosurgeons seeking both basic and more sophisticated information and procedures relating to the complications associated with CSF shunting.
- Author BiographyConcezio Di Rocco, MD, is Full Professor and Head of Pediatric Neurosurgery at the Catholic University Medical School, Rome, Italy. In addition, he is a Permanent Visiting Professor at INI-China in Beijing and the Children's Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago. Since 2002, Dr. Di Rocco has been President of the European Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery; he is also a past Vice President of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies and past President of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. Dr. Di Rocco is a member of the editorial board of a number of national and international journals and from 1985 to 1990 was Editor of Rivista di Neuroscienze Pediatriche Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. He is also co-editor of the Springer book series Principles of Pediatric Neurosurgery. Dr. Di Rocco is a Membre d'Honneur of the Societe de Neurochirurgie de Langue Francaise. Mehmet Turgut, MD, PhD, graduated from the Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey and later specialized in neurosurgery in Hacettepe University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey. In 2004, he received the PhD degree from the department of Embryology and Histology, Ege University Health Sciences Institute, Izmir, Turkey. He is currently Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery, Adnan Menderes University School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey. His fields of expertise and research interests are broad and include developmental neuroscience, pediatric neurosurgery, infectious diseases of the central nervous system, and peripheral nerve surgery. Dr. Turgut is an editorial board member for 17 international journals including Central European Neurosurgery, Journal of Spine, Journal of Pediatric Neurology, Journal of Spine & Neurosurgery, and Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice and a reviewer for a wide range of international journals and research programs. He is the lead or co-author of numerous publications in international journals as well as many book chapters and other publications. George Jallo, MD, is Professor of Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, and Oncology and Director of Clinical Pediatric Neurosurgery in the Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Dr. Jallo is a member of the editorial board of a number of leading journals, including Annals of Neurosurgery, Journal of Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Neurosurgery, and Child's Nervous System. Since 2009 he has been a member of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Committee of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. Dr. Jallo is the recipient of various awards and honors and has appeared in Best Doctors in America since 2005 and Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors since 2008. He is the author of more than 200 peer-reviewed scientific articles and more than 50 book chapters; he has also co-edited three previous books. Juan F. Martinez-Lage, MD, is Head of the Regional Service of Neurosurgery and Chief of the Unit of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital, Murcia, Spain. He is also Associate Professor of Surgery, Gynecology, and Pediatrics (Neurosurgery) at University of Murcia School of Medicine. Dr. Martinez-Lage is current Associate Editor of Child's Nervous System, having previously been an editorial board member of the journal from 1993 to 2012; he has also been a member of the editorial board of Neurocirugia (Sociedad Espanola de Neurocirugia) since 1995. Dr. Martinez-Lage is a Founder Member of the Sociedad Espanola de Neurocirugia Pediatrica. He is the author of more than 170 publications in indexed journals as well as more than 20 book chapters. He has also been co-editor of Neurocirugia Pediatrica, the first treatise of Pediatric Neurosurgery written in Spanish.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 57 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight889 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byConcezio Di Rocco,Dr. Mehmet Turgut,George Jallo,Juan F. Martinez-Lage
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.