All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn a climate of increasing emphasis on testing, measurable outcomes, competition and efficiency, the real lives of children and their teachers are often neglected or are too messy and intricate to legislate and quantify. As such, curricula are designed without including the very people that compose the identities of schools. Here Clandinin takes issue with this tendency, bringing together a collection of narratives from seven writers who spent a year in an urban school, exploring the experiences and contributions of children, families, teachers and administrators. These stories show us an alternative way of attending to what counts in schools, shifting away from the school as a business model towards an idea of schools as places to engage citizenship and to attend to the wholeness of people's lives. Articulating the complex ethical dilemmas and issues that face people and schools every day, this fascinating study puts school life under the microscope raises new questions about who and what education is for.
- Author BiographyD. Jean Clandinin is Professor and Director of the Centre for Research for Teacher Education and Development at the University of Alberta, Canada. Janice Huber and Anne Murray Orr are Assistant Professors at St. Francis Xavier University, Canada. Marilyn Huber is a doctoral student at the University of Alberta, Canada. Marni Pearce is a senior education manager with the Alberta Government. M. Shaun Murphy is a Research Associate and Pam Steeves is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Alberta, Canada.
- Author(s)Anne Murray Orr,D. Jean Clandinin,Janice Huber,M. Shaun Murphy,Marilyn Huber,Marni Pearce,Pam Steeves
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTeachers, Teaching and Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.