About this product
- DescriptionThis classic account of the nature of film music aesthetics was first published in 1947. Its value comes from a unique combination of talents and experience enjoyed by the book's authors. Eisler's time at Hollywood gave him a particular insight on the technical questions which arise for composers when music is used in the production of films; while Ador was able to contribute on wide aesthetic and sociological matters as well as specifically musical questions. Above all, the authors envisaged the book as a contribution to the study of modern, industrialised culture; and, in this respect, it has a particular importance to the whole area of cultural studies. These books are seminal works of the finest minds in Western thought, including Ador, Badiou, Derrida, Heidegger and Larkin. They are works of such power that they changed the cultural mind when they were written and continue to resonate today - landmark texts in the fields of philosophy, literature, popular culture, politics and theology - strikingly designed, accessibly priced.
- Author BiographyTheodor W. Adorno (1903-69) was a founder and arguably the foremost thinker of the Frankfurt School. He worked with Max Horkheimer at the New York Institute for Social Research and later taught at the University of Frankfurt until his death in 1969. His work has proved enormously influential in sociology, philosophy and cultural theory. Hanns Eisler (1898-1962) began composing for films in the late 1920s. He emigrated to the US in the 1930s where he write a number of scores for Hollywood productions, including None But The Lonely Heart and Renoir's The Woman on the Beach.
- Author(s)Hanns Eisler,Theodor W. Adorno
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/10/2007
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleContinuum Impacts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.