All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompositionality in Formal Semantics is a collection of Barbara Partee's papers that have been influential in the field but are t readily available and includes a new introductory essay in which Partee reflects on how her thinking and the field of semantics have developed over the past 35 years. * Brings together, in one volume, influential but difficult to find papers by one of the most important researchers in formal semantics. * Includes a new introductory essay in which Partee reflects on how her research and the field of semantics have developed over the past 35 years. * Discusses critical themes in semantic theory.
- Author BiographyBarbara H. Partee is Distinguished University Professor of Linguistics and Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts--Amherst, and is the author of several landmark essays in formal semantics. She has written and edited numerous books, including Formal Semantics: The Essential Readings (edited with Paul Portner, Blackwell, 2002), Mathematical Methods in Linguistics (with Alice ter Meulen and Robert Wall, 1990), and Montague Grammar (edited, 1976).
- Author(s)Barbara B. H. Partee
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- Series TitleExplorations in Semantics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10
- Weight596 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.