Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability to read well requires that your child be able to recognize words and their meaning and comprehend the idea of the text. Of course, comprehension is a skill that must be practiced before it can be mastered. As such, you may include a curriculum in your homeschooling program that addresses Comprehension. Modern Curriculum Press (MCP) Comprehension Plus is designed to help your child become a fluent and competent reader. MCP Comprehension Plus introduces study and writing skills, vocabulary kwledge and phonics/word concepts to your child. It does this through a structured lesson plan guide. You first teach your child new ideas, then have him or her complete activities that utilize that new information. This format allows your child to put his or her newfound kwledge to use and learn through doing. You can use MCP Comprehension Plus alongside other curriculum for homeschooling in order to give your child well-rounded English/language arts instruction. For instance, Comprehension pairs well with Reading (with Reading Street), Spelling (with MCP Spelling Workout) and Phonics (with MCP Plaid Phonics). By the time your child reaches Grade 6, he or she will be ready to tackle more complex Comprehension strategies. MCP Comprehension Plus: Grade 6 is the final installment in the program. As you go through the program, your child can focus on honing these key Comprehension ideas:
- Contrast and compare numerous accounts of an event, told from different points of view, from a story he or she has read.
- Articulate the ways in which individual chapters or scenes contribute to a story's main ideas and themes as a whole.
- Discuss the character and plot development that occurs in a text.
- Pick out symbolic elements that are presented in a story and their meaning.
- PublisherModern Curriculum Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintModern Curriculum Press
- Weight907 g
- Width206 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and Pamphlet
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.