All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy has comprehension instruction become so complex? Sharon Taberski cuts through the pressurized, strategy-overloaded, fluency-crazed atmosphere surrounding reading instruction to lay out the reading and writing workshop practices that are most effective in developing readers in the primary grades. She shares the daily how-tos needed to sustain a literacy block that engages children in authentic reading and writing practices including dozens of effective practices that illustrate amazing ways to organize instructional and independent reading for kids including:
- letter and sound searches that improve students' word accuracy and fluency
- companion books bags that develop their confidence and comprehension
- strategy sheets that make children's thinking about text concrete
- a Putting Our Strategies to Work Board that enables students to reflect on and discuss the meta-cognitive strategies they're using
- Idea Books and Ta-da Publishing Books that help children get inside the reading and writing process and see how each feeds the other.
- for your workshop or PLC, the Lessons from the Ground Up DVD features 105-minutes of video clips of Sharon in the classroom, modeling effective ways to develop comprehension plus a 64-page facilitator's guide supports the DVD, lesson by lesson.
- It's All About Comprehension is a long-term staff development initiative with 3 DVDs (7 hours) of whole-class, small-group, and one-on-one instruction from Sharon.
- Author(s)Sharon Taberski
- PublisherHeinemann Educational Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece, figures
- Weight767 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.