All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the expertise of multi-degreed doctors, and multi-certified financial advisors, Comprehensive Financial Planning Strategies for Doctors and Advisors: Best Practices from Leading Consultants and Certified Medical Planners(TM) will shape the industry landscape for the next generation as the current ecosystem strives to keep pace. Traditional generic products and sales-driven advice will yield to a new breed of deeply informed financial advisor or Certified Medical Planner(TM). The profession is set to be transformed by cognitive-disruptors that will significantly impact the $2.8 trillion healthcare marketplace for those financial consultants serving this challenging sector. There will be winners and losers. The text, which contains 24 chapters and champions healthcare providers while informing financial advisors, is divided into four sections compete with glossary of terms, CMP(TM) curriculum content, and related information sources. * For ALL medical providers and financial industry practitioners * For NEW medical providers and financial industry practitioners * For MID-CAREER medical providers and financial industry practitioners * For MATURE medical providers and financial industry practitioners Using an engaging style, the book is filled with authoritative guidance and healthcare-centered discussions, providing the tools and techniques to create a personalized financial plan using professional advice. Comprehensive coverage includes topics likes behavioral finance, modern portfolio theory, the capital asset pricing model, and arbitrage pricing theory; as well as insider insights on commercial real estate; high frequency trading platforms and robo-advisors; the Patriot and Sarbanes-Oxley Acts; hospital endowment fund management, ethical wills, giving, and legacy planning; and divorce and other special situations. The result is a codified must-have book, for all health industry participants, and those seeking advice from the growing cadre of financial consultants and Certified Medical Planners(TM) who seek to do well by doing good, dispensing granular physician-centric financial advice: Omnia pro medicus-clientis. RAISING THE BAR The informed voice of a new generation of fiduciary advisors for healthcare
- Author BiographyEDITOR-IN-CHIEF Dr. David Edward Marcinko; MBA, CMP(TM), Norcross, Georgia, USA Dr. David Edward Marcinko is a next generation apostle of Nobel Laureate Kenneth Joseph Arrow PhD as a healthcare economist, administrative and technology futurist, risk manager and former board certified surgeon from Temple University in Philadelphia. In the past, he edited eight practice-management books, three medical textbooks and manuals in four languages, five financial planning year-books, dozens of interactive CD-ROMs, and three comprehensive healthcare administration dictionaries. Internationally recognized for his clinical work, he is an honorary distinguished visiting professor of surgery at the Marien Hospital - Aachen Germany - who provides litigation support and expert witness testimony in State and Federal Court, with medical publications archived in the Library of Congress and the Library of Medicine at the National Institute of Health [NIH]. His thought leadership essays have been cited in journals like: Managed Care Executives, Healthcare Informatics, Medical Interface, Plastic Surgery Products, Teaching and Learning in Medicine, Orthodontics Today, Chiropractic Products, Journal of the American Medical Association, Podiatry Today, Investment Advisor Magazine, Registered Representative, Financial Advisor Magazine, CFP(TM) Biz (Journal of Financial Planning), Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA.ama-assn.org), The Business Journal for Physicians, and Physician's Money Digest; by companies and professional organizations like the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), American College of Emergency Room Physicians (ACEP), Health Care Management Associates (HMA), and PhysiciansPractice.com; and by academic institutions like the UCLA School of Medicine, Northern University College of Business, Creighton University, Medical College of Wisconsin, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, and the Goizueta School of Business at Emory University, University of Pennsylvania Medical and Dental Libraries, Southern Illinois College of Medicine, University at Buffalo Health Sciences Library, University of Michigan Dental Library, and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, among many others. Dr. Marcinko also has numerous primary and secondary editorial and reviewing roles to his credit. Dr. Marcinko received his undergraduate degree from Loyola University Maryland, completed his internship and residency at the Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center, is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, earned his business degree from the Keller Graduate School of Management (Chicago), and his financial planning diploma from Oglethorpe University (Atlanta). He was a licensee of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(R) Board of Standards for a decade, and holds the Certified Medical Planner(TM) designation (CMP(TM)). He earned Series #7 (general securities), Series #63 (uniform securities state law), and Series #65 (investment advisory) licenses from the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and was a life, health, disability, variable annuity, and property-casualty license from the State of Georgia. Dr. Marcinko was also co-founder of an ambulatory surgery center that was sold to a public company, and has been a Certified Physician in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ); a certified American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physician (ABQAURP); a medical-staff vice president of a general acute care hospital; an assistant residency director; a founder of a computer-based testing firm for doctors; and president of a regional physician practice-management corporation in the Midwest. He was a member of the American Health Information Management Associat
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 44 black & white tables
- Weight1474 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byDavid Edward Marcinko,Hope Rachel Hetico
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.