Comprehensive Handbook of Childhood Cancer and Sickle Cell Disease: A Biopsychosocial Approach by Oxford University Press Inc (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver recent decades, tremendous advances in the prevention, medical treatment, and quality of life issues in children and adolescents surviving cancer have spawned a host of research on paediatric psychosocial oncology. This important volume fulfills the clear need for an up-to-date, comprehensive handbook for practitioners that delineates the most recent research in the field - the first of its kind in a decade. Over 60 rewned authors have been assembled to provide a thorough presentation of state-of-the-art research and literature, with topics including: *Neuropsychological effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy *Bone marrow transplant *Important issues about quality of life during and following treatment *Collaborative research among child-focused psychologists *Standards of psychological care for children and adolescents *Stress and coping in the paediatric cancer experience *The role of family and peer relationships The Comprehensive Handbook of Childhood Cancer and Sickle Cell Disease represents both multidisciplinary and international efforts, an alliance between physicians and parents, and a combination of research and service. With a wealth of information of great interest to patients and their families, this volume will also be a welcome resource to the psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians, oncologists, nurses, and social workers who confront these issues as they help children and their families through the treatment, recovery and grieving process.
- Author BiographyDr. Ronald T. Brown is Dean of Temple University's College of Health Professions. He is a leading pediatric psychologist who specializes in children and adolescents with chronic illnesses, attention deficit disorders and learning disabilities. Brown's current research efforts include studies on family intervention for high-risk infants with sickle cell disease, depression in children with chronic illnesses, and family functioning for children with cancer.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/04/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note19 line illustrations
- Weight1242 g
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRonald T. Brown
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.