All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Department of Defense ackwledged the importance of language and cultural expertise with the approval and dissemination of the Defense Language Transformation Roadmap in February 2005 and Department of Defense Directive 3000.05 in November 2005. Both documents fall short of establishing an all-encompassing and prescriptive approach for harnessing the power of comprehensive regional expertise. Nevertheless, this recognition sets the conditions for establishing a military force that can proactively influence people, gain trust and confidence, and facilitate peace and stability while maintaining the ability to conduct war. It is vital for today's United States Army professional to develop, train and maintain language and cultural expertise analogous with other fundamental soldier skills. As the United States continues to compete with multiple state, n-state, regional and internal stakeholders to secure positive influence over people and finite resources, and to prevent instability around the globe, it is imperative that the United States Army develop, integrate and maintain comprehensive regional, linguistic and cultural expertise.
- Author(s)Gregory C Meyers
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight127 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.