All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionCOMPTIA(R) NETWORK+(R) N10-005 IN DEPTH gives you all the skills necessary to pass the CompTIA N10-005 Network+ exam and provides everything you need to kw in order to install, configure, and troubleshoot a computer network. This book begins by introducing the fundamental building blocks that form a modern network, such as protocols, topologies, hardware, and network operating systems. It then provides in-depth coverage of the most important concepts in contemporary networking, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, wireless transmission, and security. New features include a chapter on virtual networking and remote access, as well as a stronger emphasis on security with added coverage on site-to-site and client-to-site security, security threats, and scanning tools. KEY FEATURES * Chapter Objectives: Each chapter begins with a list of the concepts to be mastered within that chapter. This list provides you with both a quick reference to the chapter's contents and a useful study aid. * Illustrations and Tables: Numerous illustrations of network media, methods of signaling, protocol behavior, hardware, topology, software screens, peripherals, and components help you visualize common network elements, theories, and concepts. In addition, the many tables included provide details and comparisons of both practical and theoretical information. * Chapter Summaries: Each chapter's text is followed by a summary of the concepts introduced in that chapter. These summaries provide a helpful way to recap and revisit the ideas learned. *Key Terms: Here you'll find the essential terms introduced in the chapter. These are compiled into a glossary at the end of the book that you can reference as a refresher before taking the exam. *Review Questions: The review questions reinforce the ideas introduced in each chapter. Answering these questions will ensure that you have mastered the important concepts and provide valuable practice for taking CompTIA's Network+ exam.
- Author BiographyTamara Dean has worked in the field of networking for nearly 20 years, most recently as a networking consultant, and before that, as the manager of Internet services and data center operations for a regional ISP. She has managed LANs at the University of Wisconsin and at a pharmaceutical firm, worked as a telecommunications analyst for the FCC, and cofounded a local radio station. Well-published in networking, she is the author of Guide to Telecommunications Technology, Network+ CoursePrep Study Guide, as well as several previous editions of Network+ Guide to Networks and CompTIA Network+ In Depth all published by Cengage Learning.
- Author(s)Tamara Dean
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Out-of-print date04/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1625 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.