All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComputational aeroacoustics is rapidly emerging as an essential element in the study of aerodynamic sound. As with all emerging techlogies, it is paramount that we assess the various opportuni- ties and establish achievable goals for this new techlogy. Essential to this process is the identification and prioritization of fundamental aeroacoustics problems which are amenable to direct numerical siIn- ulation. Questions, ranging from the role numerical methods play in the classical theoretical approaches to aeroacoustics, to the correct specification of well-posed numerical problems, need to be answered. These issues provided the impetus for the Workshop on Computa- tional Aeroacoustics sponsored by ICASE and the Acoustics Division of NASA LaRC on April 6-9, 1992. The participants of the Work- shop were leading aeroacousticians, computational fluid dynamicists and applied mathematicians. The Workshop started with the open- ing remarks by M. Y. Hussaini and the welcome address by Kristin Hessenius who introduced the keyte speaker, Sir James Lighthill. The keyte address set the stage for the Workshop. It was both an authoritative and up-to-date discussion of the state-of-the-art in aeroacoustics. The presentations at the Workshop were divided into five sessions - i) Classical Theoretical Approaches (William Zorumski, Chairman), ii) Mathematical Aspects of Acoustics (Rodolfo Rosales, Chairman), iii) Validation Methodology (Allan Pierce, Chairman), iv) Direct Numerical Simulation (Michael Myers, Chairman), and v) Unsteady Compressible Flow Computa- tional Methods (Douglas Dwoyer, Chairman).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- Series TitleICASE/NASA LaRC Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight808 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJay C. Hardin,M. Y. Hussaini
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.