All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis greatly expanded 2nd edition provides a practical introduction to - data processing with Linux tools and the programming languages AWK and Perl - data management with the relational database system MySQL, and - data analysis and visualization with the statistical computing environment R for students and practitioners in the life sciences. Although written for beginners, experienced researchers in areas involving bioinformatics and computational biology may benefit from numerous tips and tricks that help to process, filter and format large datasets. Learning by doing is the basic concept of this book. Worked examples illustrate how to employ data processing and analysis techniques, e.g. for - finding proteins potentially causing pathogenicity in bacteria, - supporting the significance of BLAST with homology modeling, or - detecting candidate proteins that may be redox-regulated, on the basis of their structure. All the software tools and datasets used are freely available. One section is devoted to explaining setup and maintenance of Linux as an operating system independent virtual machine. The author's experiences and kwledge gained from working and teaching in both academia and industry constitute the foundation for this practical approach.
- Author BiographyRobbe Wunschiers is Professor for Biochemistry/Molecular Biology at University of Applied Sciences Mittweida/Germany, where is teaching courses on biotechnology and bioinformatics. In 2004 he published the textbook Computational Biology - Unix/Linux, Data Processing and Programming with Springer. The new edition of this book will benefit from several years of teaching experience at different Universities, and his experience gathered while leading a bioinformatics team at BASF Plant Science, Germany.
- Author(s)Robbe Wunschiers
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 66 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight877 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.