All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe accessibility of the skin in vivo has resulted in the development of n-invasive methods in the past 40 years that offer accurate measurements of skin properties and structures from microscopic to macroscopic levels. However, the mechanisms involved in these properties are still only partly understood. Similar to many other domains, including biomedical engineering, numerical modeling has appeared as a complementary key actor for improving our kwledge of skin physiology. This book presents, for the first time, the contributions that focus on scientific computing and numerical modeling to offer a deeper understanding of the mechanisms involved in skin physiology. The book is structured around some skin properties and functions, including optical and biomechanical properties and skin barrier function and homeostasis, with-for each of them-several chapters that describe either biological or physical models at different scales.
- Author BiographyBernard Querleux is senior research associate at the Worldwide Advanced Research center of L'Oreal Research & Innovation, France. He obtained his doctorate in electronic engineering and signal processing from the University of Grenoble, France, in 1987 and his habilitation in biophysics from Paris-Sud University, France, in 1995. Since 2005, Dr. Querleux is serving as scientific chairperson of the International Society for Biophysics and Imaging of the Skin. Apart from being an expert in functional brain imaging for the objective assessment of sensory perception, his main research interests concern the development of new non-invasive methods, including numerical modeling for skin and hair characterization.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note110 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBernard Querleux
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.