All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntriguing ...[filled with] new ideas about overarching intellectual themes that govern our techlogies and our society. - Nikil Jayant , Eminent Scholar, Georgia Research Alliance Dr. Ahamed is correct in observing that 'silicon and glass have altered the rhythm of mind' and that computers need to be more 'human.' - Bishnu S. Atal , Member, National Academy of Engineering This book combines philosophical, societal, and artificial intelligence concepts with those of computer science and information techlogy to demonstrate vel ways in which computers can simplify data mining on the Internet. It describes numerous invative methods that go well beyond information retrieval to allow computers to accomplish such tasks as processing, classifying, prioritizing, and reconstituting kwledge. The book is divided into five parts: New kwledge sensing and filtering environments Concept building and wisdom machines General structure and theory of kwledge Verb functions and un objects Humanistic and semi-human systems This book offers new mathematical methodologies and concrete HW/SW/FW configurations for the IT specialist to help their corporations explore, exploit, compete, and win global market share.
- Author BiographySyed V. Ahamed, PhD, DSc, MBA , is Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at CUNY, College of Staten Island, and a Professor of Medical Informatics at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He has been affiliated with Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, and Bell Labs Innovations for the last forty years. Dr. Ahamed's research includes knowledge machines, IT, MIS, knowledge processing units, and intelligent, medical, and educational networks. He is the author or coauthor of six other books and holds more than twenty U.S. and European patents.
- Author(s)Syed V. Ahamed
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width164 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.