Computational Genome Analysis: An Introduction by Simon Tavare, Richard C. Deonier, Michael S. Waterman (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $117.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the foundations of key problems in computational molecular biology and bioinformatics. It focuses on computational and statistical principles applied to gemes, and introduces the mathematics and statistics that are crucial for understanding these applications. The book features a free download of the R software statistics package and the text provides great crossover material that is interesting and accessible to students in biology, mathematics, statistics and computer science. More than 100 illustrations and diagrams reinforce concepts and present key results from the primary literature. Exercises are given at the end of chapters.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Deonier is Professor Emeritus in the Molecular and Computational Biology Section of the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Southern California. Originally trained as a physical biochemist, His major research has been in areas of molecular genetics, with particular interests in physical methods for gene mapping, bacterial transposable elements, and conjugative plasmids. During 30 years of active teaching, he has taught chemistry, biology, and computational biology at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Simon Tavare holds the George and Louise Kawamoto Chair in Biological Sciences and is a Professor of Biological Sciences, Mathematics, and Preventive Medicine at the University of Southern California. Professor Tavare's research lies at the interface between statistics and biology, specifically focusing on problems arising in molecular biology, human genetics, population genetics, molecular evolution, and bioinformatics. His statistical interests focus on stochastic computation. Among the applications are linkage disequilibrium mapping, stem cell evolution, and inference in the fossil record. Dr. Tavare is also a professor in the Department of Oncology at the University of Cambridge, England, where his group concentrates on cancer genomics. Michael S. Waterman is a University Professor, a USC Associates Chair in Natural Sciences, and Professor of Biological Sciences, Computer Science, and Mathematics at the University of Southern California. A member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Professor Waterman is Founding Editor and Co-Editor in Chief of the Journal of Computational Biology. His research has focused on computational analysis of molecular sequence data. His best-known work is the co-development of the local alignment Smith-Waterman algorithm, which has become the foundational tool for database search methods. His interests have also encompassed physical mapping, as exemplified by the Lander-Waterman formulas, and genome sequence assembly using an Eulerian path method.
- Author(s)Michael S. Waterman,Richard C. Deonier,Simon Tavare
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight866 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.