All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents research on emerging computational intelligence techniques and tools, with a particular focus on new trends and applications in health care. Healthcare is a multi-faceted domain, which incorporates advanced decision-making, remote monitoring, healthcare logistics, operational excellence and modern information systems. In recent years, the use of computational intelligence methods to address the scale and the complexity of the problems in healthcare has been investigated. This book discusses various computational intelligence methods that are implemented in applications in different areas of healthcare. It includes contributions by practitioners, techlogy developers and solution providers.
- Author BiographyProf. P. V. Lakshmi is working with GITAM University, Andhra Pradesh, India. She is the professor and BOS chairman in the department of Information Technology and is a member of the Academic council. She has organized several conferences, workshops and seminars. She is the author of the book Discrete Mathematical Structures . She has published peer-reviewed papers in reputed international journals and conferences. She is Principal Investigator of research project from Government. She is a life member of the cryptology society of India, computer society of India and also member of other professional bodies like IAENG, Bioinformatics.Org, IACSIT, IETE, IEEE etc. Her current research interest includes cryptography, bioinformatics, network security, data analytics and image processing. Dr. Wengang Zhou is a research scientist and project manager at DuPont Pioneer since 2011. He led a team of scientists and software engineers to build multiple large-scale data analysis pipelines, data repositories, and visualization software used by the entire company. He is the nominee of many biotechnology research awards in DuPont in the past several years, and collaborated with multiple academic institutions on gene discovery initiatives. He has over 20 conference and journal publications, as well as 4 patent applications by 2015. He was the principle investigator for a few university funded projects, and key members of multiple NSF funded projects. He is an editorial board member of International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, and JBR Journal of Translational Biomarkers & Diagnosis. He also serves as invited reviewers for a number of prestigious journals including BMC genomics, IEEE Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, and International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics. His current research interests include cancer diagnostics, data mining, machine learning, genomics, biomarker discovery, and bioinformatics. Dr. P. Satheesh is an Associate Professor at MVGR College, Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh, India. His area of interest is Bioinformatics. He is a member of professional societies like IAEME, IAENG, IEEE, CSI and ACM.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight177 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byP Satheesh,P V Lakshmi,Wengang Zhou
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.