Computational Mechanics of Composite Materials: Sensitivity, Randomness and Multiscale Behaviour by Marcin Kaminski (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $313.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $135.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComputational Mechanics of Composite Materials lays stress on the advantages of combining theoretical advancements in applied mathematics and mechanics with the probabilistic approach to experimental data in meeting the practical needs of engineers. Features: Programs for the probabilistic homogenisation of composite structures with finite numbers of components allow composites to be treated as homogeneous materials with simpler behaviours. Treatment of defects in the interfaces within heterogeneous materials and those arising in composite objects as a whole by stochastic modelling. New models for the reliability of composite structures. Novel numerical algorithms for effective Monte-Carlo simulation. Computational Mechanics of Composite Materials will be of interest to academic and practising civil, mechanical, electronic and aerospatial engineers, to materials scientists and to applied mathematicians requiring accurate and usable models of the behaviour of composite materials.
- Author BiographyMarcin Kaminski teaches theoretical mechanics, strength of materials and computational and numerical methods in civil engineering as the Chair of Mechanics and Materials at the Technical University of Lodz. He has published over seventy articles in peer-reviewed academic journals and several books and has given many conference presentations. He spent a sabbatical leave at Rice University in Texas as the fellow of the Foundation for Polish Science in 1999/2000. He received the John Argyris Award in computational mechanics from ECCOMAS and Elsevier in 2001, the JT Oden Faculty Fellowship in the University of Texas at Austin in 2004 and is a member of IASS, SIAM, GAMM and IACM. Professor Kaminski's research interests include: probabilistic and stochastic methods in computational mechanics of solids, structures and fluids, numerical analysis of stochastic reliability in engineering structures, the implementations of probabilistic procedures into FEM, BEM and FDM-based computer programs, computational modeling of stochastic aging processes in engineering and applied science, homogenization methods for composite materials as well as the software development for stochastic symbolic computations using MAPLE.
- Author(s)Marcin Kaminski
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2004
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note44 black & white tables, biography
- Weight787 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.