All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an introduction to current methods in computational modeling in neuroscience. The book describes realistic modeling methods at levels of complexity ranging from molecular interactions to large neural networks. A how to book rather than an analytical account, it focuses on the presentation of methodological approaches, including the selection of the appropriate method and its potential pitfalls. It is intended for experimental neuroscientists and graduate students who have little formal training in mathematical methods, but it will also be useful for scientists with theoretical backgrounds who want to start using data-driven modeling methods. The mathematics needed are kept to an introductory level; the first chapter explains the mathematical methods the reader needs to master to understand the rest of the book. The chapters are written by scientists who have successfully integrated data-driven modeling with experimental work, so all of the material is accessible to experimentalists. The chapters offer comprehensive coverage with little overlap and extensive cross-references, moving from basic building blocks to more complex applications. ContributorsPablo Achard, Haroon Anwar, Upinder S. Bhalla, Michiel Berends, Nicolas Brunel, Ronald L. Calabrese, Brenda Claiborne, Hugo Cornelis, Erik De Schutter, Alain Destexhe, Bard Ermentrout, Kristen Harris, Sean Hill, John R. Huguenard, William R. Holmes, Gwen Jacobs, Gwendal LeMasson, Henry Markram, Reiud Maex, Astrid A. Prinz, Imad Riachi, John Rinzel, Arnd Roth, Felix Schurmann, Werner Van Geit, Mark C. W. van Rossum, Stefan Wils
- Author BiographyErik De Schutter is Principal Investigator and Head of the Computational Neuroscience Unit at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan, and Head of the Theoretical Neurobiology Laboratory in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleComputational Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note85 b&w illus., 3 tables
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byErik De Schutter
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.