All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only book to cover the most recent developments in applied quantum theory and their use in modeling materials properties. It describes new approaches to modeling disordered alloys and focuses on those approaches that combine the most efficient quantum-level theories of random alloys with the most sophisticated numerical techniques. In doing so, it establishes a theoretical insight into the electronic structure of complex materials such as stainless steels, Hume-Rothery alloys and silicates.
- Author BiographyDr Levente Vitos is a research fellow at the Research Institute for Solid State Physics and Optics (SZFKI), Budapest, a guest professor at KTH, Sweden, and a researcher at Uppsala University, Sweden. Dr Vitos is considered a world expert on the application of the LMTO quantum mechanical method and its application in materials systems, and the he is the creator of the new EMTO-CPA method. These methods represent the first useful applications of modern applied quantum mechanics that can be used practically in the industrial world of metallurgy and alloy design to model and create novel materials.
- Author(s)Levente Vitos
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight359 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.