Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is published as the proceedings of the third Russian-German - vanced Research Workshop on Computational Science and High Performance Computing in Novosibirsk, Russia, in July 2007. The contributions of these proceedings were provided and edited by the - thors, chosen after a careful selection and reviewing. The workshop was organized by the High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart(Stuttgart,Germany)andtheInstituteofComputationalTechlogies SBRAS(Novosibirsk,Russia)intheframeworkofactivitiesoftheGerman-Russian CenterforComputationalTechlogiesandHighPerformanceComputing. Thee event is held biannually and has already become a good tradition for German and Russian scientists. The ?rst Workshop took place in September 2003 in Novosibirskand the second Workshopwas hosted by Stuttgart in March 2005. Both workshops gave the possibility of sharing and discussing the latest results and developing further scienti?c contacts in the ?eld of computational science and high performance computing. The topics of the current workshop include software and hardware for high performancecomputation,numericalmodellingingeophysicsandcomputational ?uid dynamics, mathematical modelling of tsunami waves, simulation of fuel cellsandmodern? breopticsdevices,numericalmodellingincryptographypr- lems andaeroacoustics,interval analysis,toolsfor Gridapplications,researchon service-oriented architecture (SOA) and telemedicine techlogies. Theparticipatiofrepresentativesofmajorresearchorganizationsengagedin the solution of the most complex problems of mathematical modelling, devel- ment of new algorithms,programsandkey elementsof informationtechlogies, elaboration and implementation of software and hardware for high performance computing systems,provideda highlevelof competenceofthe workshop. Among the German participants were the heads and leading specialists of the HighPerformanceComputingCenterStuttgart(HLRS)(UniversityofStuttgart), NECHighPerformanceComputingEuropeGmbH,SectiofAppliedMathem- ics(UniversityofFreiburgi.Br.),InstituteofAerodynamics(RWTHAachen),- gionalComputingCenterErlangen(RRZE(UniversityofErlangen-Nuremberg), Center for High Performance Computing (ZHR) (Dresden University of Techlogy).
- Author BiographyEgon Krause retired in 1998 from the chair of fluid mechanics at the RWTH Aachen. Yuri Shokin is a full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the director of the Institute of Computational Technologies of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICT SB RAS), the director of the Technopark Novosibirsk and a full professor of the Novosibirsk State University. Michael Resch is the director of the High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) and a full professor for Supercomputing at the University of Stuttgart. Nina Shokina is a researcher at the High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) and a researcher at the Institute of Computational Technologies of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICT SB RAS).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleNotes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 101
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1260 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEgon Krause,Michael M. Resch,Nina Shokina,Yurii I. Shokin
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.