All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudying narratives is often the best way to gain a good understanding of how various aspects of human information are organized and integrated-the narrator employs specific informational methods to build the whole structure of a narrative through combining temporally constructed events in light of an array of relationships to the narratee and these methods reveal the interaction of the rational and the sensitive aspects of human information. Computational and Cognitive Approaches to Narratology discusses issues of narrative-related information and communication techlogies, cognitive mechanism and analyses, and theoretical perspectives on narratives and the story generation process. Focusing on emerging research as well as applications in a variety of fields including marketing, philosophy, psychology, art, and literature, this timely publication is an essential reference source for researchers, professionals, and graduate students in various information techlogy, cognitive studies, design, and creative fields.
- Author BiographyTakashi Ogata, Iwate Prefectural University, Japan. Taisuke Akimoto, The University of Electoro-Communications, Japan.
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleAdvances in Linguistics and Communication Studies
- Place of PublicationHershey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Science Reference
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byTaisuke Akimoto,Takashi Ogata
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.