Computer Applications in Pharmaceutical Research and Development by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $280.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $324.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique, holistic approach covering all functions and phases of pharmaceutical research and development While there are a number of texts dedicated to individual aspects of pharmaceutical research and development, this unique contributed work takes a holistic and integrative approach to the use of computers in all phases of drug discovery, development, and marketing. It explains how applications are used at various stages, including bioinformatics, data mining, predicting human response to drugs, and high-throughput screening. By providing a comprehensive view, the book offers readers a unique framework and systems perspective from which they can devise strategies to thoroughly exploit the use of computers in their organizations during all phases of the discovery and development process. Chapters are organized into the following sections: Computers in pharmaceutical research and development: a general overview Understanding diseases: mining complex systems for kwledge Scientific information handling and enhancing productivity Computers in drug discovery Computers in preclinical development Computers in development decision making, ecomics, and market analysis Computers in clinical development Future applications and future development Each chapter is written by one or more leading experts in the field and carefully edited to ensure a consistent structure and approach throughout the book. Figures are used extensively to illustrate complex concepts and multifaceted processes. References are provided in each chapter to enable readers to continue investigating a particular topic in depth. Finally, tables of software resources are provided in many of the chapters. This is essential reading for IT professionals and scientists in the pharmaceutical industry as well as researchers involved in informatics and ADMET, drug discovery, and techlogy development. The book's cross-functional, all-phases approach provides a unique opportunity for a holistic analysis and assessment of computer applications in pharmaceutics.
- Author BiographySEAN EKINS, PHD, DSC, is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy. Dr. Ekins is the author of more than seventy peer-reviewed papers and book chapters as well as several patents. He serves on editorial boards for the Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods, Drug Metabolism and Disposition, Drug Discovery Today, and Pharmaceutical Research.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Series in Drug Discovery and Development
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1286 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited bySean Ekins
- Series Edited byBinghe Wang
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.