All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionComputer-assisted music analysis, which emerged about 60 years ago, provides analytical tools that help solve stylistic, comparative, structural, and other problems. Unfortunately, most research in this area has been carried out without any explicit review of preceding attempts and accomplishments. This book provides a historical account and framework of methods of computer-assisted music analysis, including critical reflections. The source materials consist of hundreds of published and unpublished writings, including dissertations and internal research papers from many countries. Each thematic essay contains an extensive bibliography; an alphabetical and a chrological bibliography are also provided.
- Author BiographyNico Schuler is Professor of Music Theory and Musicology at Texas State University. His research areas include research methodology, computer applications, creativity, music historiography, pedagogy of music theory and history, and interdisciplinary aspects of 19
th and 20 th century music.
- Author(s)Nico Schueler
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMethodology of Music Research
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.