All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComputer-Assisted and Web-Based Invations in Psychology, Special Education, and Health examines the rapid evolution of techlogy among educational, behavioral healthcare, and human services professionals from a multidisciplinary perspective. Section I of the book focuses on Techlogy for Monitoring, Assessment, and Evaluation, featuring chapters about behavioral, affective, and physiological monitoring, actigraphy measurement of exercise and physical activity, techlogical applications for individuals with learning disabilities/ADHD, and data analysis and graphing. In Section II, Techlogy for Intervention, the chapters address telehealth techlogies for evidence-based psychotherapy, virtual reality therapy, substance use and addictions, and video modeling. The emphasis of Section III is Techlogy for Special Education, with chapters on computer-based instruction, alternative and augmentative communication, and assistive techlogies. Finally, Section IV considers Techlogy for Training, Supervision, and Practice, specifically web-sourced training and supervision, legal, regulatory, and ethical issues with telehealth modalities, and emerging systems for clinical practice. Computer-Assisted and Web-Based Invations is a primary resource for educating students, advising professionals about recommended practices, accelerating procedural invations, and directing research.
- Author BiographyJames K. Luiselli is Chief Clinical Officer, Clinical Solutions, Inc., and North East Educational and Developmental Support Center, Tewksbury, MA.. He is a licensed psychologist, diplomat in cognitive and behavioral psychology (ABPP), and board certified behavior analyst (BCBA-D). Dr. Luiselli is the editor, senior editor, and co-editor of 13 books in the areas of clinical psychology, applied behavior analysis, intellectual and developmental disabilities, sport psychology, and performance management. His publication record also includes more than 45 book chapters and 250 journal articles. He has extensive editorial experience, serving as Guest Editor for eight special-topic journal issues, Associate Editor for three peer-reviewed journals, and Board of Editors for ten other peer-reviewed journals. Aaron J. Fischer is an assistant professor of school psychology and an adjunct assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of Utah. He is a licensed psychologist and board certified behavior analyst. Dr. Fischer has conducted technology-focused research in educational settings, specifically using videoconferencing with teachers and parents during conjoint behavioral consultation. His current research is funded by the University of Utah and Society for the Study of School Psychology, and emphasizes the integration of cutting edge technology in psychological practice both in schools and clinical settings.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAaron Fischer,James K. Luiselli
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.