All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbout four or five years ago one began to hear about the ermous interest being taken in on-line consoles and displays. Nothing much was done with them, but computer men felt that this was the way computing ought to go: one might dispense with cards, and overcome many of the problems of man-machine communication. It quickly appeared that, as with computers, there had been a great under- estimation of the amount of work involved, of the difficulties of programming, and of the cost. So it began to emerge that graphics was t the ultimate answer, in spite of superb demonstrations where one might watch a square being converted into a cube and then rotated. But my mind goes back to 1951 and the first computers. There, there were demonstrations of arithmetic speed and storage facility; but t much idea of actual use. However, we w understand how to use computers, and in the last year or two, significant developments in the field of graphics have led to genuine applications, and ecomic benefits. The equipment is still expensive, but it is becoming cheaper, more uses are being found, and f believe that we are just at the stage when the subject is gaining momentum, to become, like computers, a field of immense importance.
- Author(s)Robert Douglas Parslow
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight379 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.