All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelivering up-to-the-minute coverage, COMPUTER SECURITY AND PENETRATION TESTING, Second Edition offers readers of all backgrounds and experience levels a well-researched and engaging introduction to the fascinating realm of network security. Spotlighting the latest threats and vulnerabilities, this cutting-edge text is packed with real-world examples that showcase today's most important and relevant security topics. It addresses how and why people attack computers and networks--equipping readers with the kwledge and techniques to successfully combat hackers. This edition also includes new emphasis on ethics and legal issues. The world of information security is changing every day - readers are provided with a clear differentiation between hacking myths and hacking facts. Straightforward in its approach, this comprehensive resource teaches the skills needed to go from hoping a system is secure to kwing that it is.
- Author BiographyAlfred Basta, PhD, is a professor of mathematics, cryptography, and information security as well as a professional speaker on topics in Internet security, networking, and cryptography. He is a member of many associations including the Mathematical Association of America. Dr. Basta's other publications include MATHEMATICS FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LINUX OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION, and DATABASE SECURITY. Nadine Basta, MS, is a professor of computer science, information technology, and security. Her numerous certifications include MCSE, MSDBA, CCDP, NCSE, NCTE, and CCA. A security consultant and auditor, she combines strong in the field experience with her academic background. She is also coauthor of MATHEMATICS FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and LINUX OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION. Mary Brown, PhD, CISSP, CISA, is a professor leading the information assurance and security and health informatics specializations at Capella University. She manages the curriculum for these programs and works with the NSA to maintain Capella as a Center of Excellence in IAS, including managing a website and blog. She also is a member of an advisory board for Advance IT, which promotes IT in Minnesota, as well as a member of numerous professional associations including the Information Systems Security Association. Additional publications include HIPAA PROGRAM REFERENCE HANDBOOK and ETHICAL ISSUES AND SECURITY MONITORING TRENDS IN GLOBAL HEALTHCARE: TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS.
- Author(s)Alfred Basta,Mary Brown,Nadine Basta
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Note246
- Weight684 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.