All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionA Jewish resistance fighter during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, Anna reluctantly forms a relationship with a Treblinka death camp guard who, after the war ends, is hunted by an Auschwitz survivor who seeks to execute him for mass murder. At the vel's outset, the idealistic Anna tells her university friends in Warsaw that they should meet the German invaders with Tolstoyan passive resistance, t with violence. But Anna learns that extermination of the Jews is the grand plan as she desperately tries to save ghetto children and herself. Julian Kravetz, a New York City velist, discovers the story of Anna after the death of his parents in the late 20th Century when he finds their diaries at his father's former Chinatown apartment. Kravetz slowly pieces together in a vel what actually happened to his parents in Poland and later in Germany.
- Author BiographyMr. Dorion is a retired New York City teacher of English and history who wrote Comrade Anna over 13 years. He currently lives with his wife, Uraiwan, in New Hampshire. His next novel, entitled Jack, is due to be published in 2014. Jack is set in Charleston, South Carolina, and on the high seas before and during the American Civil War. It focuses on Jack and his friends. A 'rebel's rebel' Jack, an adventurous, highly competitive adolescent, challenges the racist teachings of his schoolmaster, forcing him to quit his career, and later steals a slave ship in Jamaica with the cargo aboard. He ultimately meets his fate at the epic battle of Gettysburg. Another of Mr. Dorion's books is The Lucky Lobsters which was published in 2006.
- Author(s)Gary L Dorion
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.