All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSydney Harter has long awaited September 12th, 2033--her eighteenth birthday. She can finally apply for guardianship of her sister, who is her only family and entire world. She hopes they will be lawfully reunited, but is prepared to defy authority and risk everything to escape the captivity of Miles County so that they can be together. Escaping will be difficult and dangerous. Citizens are bound to their county by sophisticated chip implants that deliver shocks to those who dare to cross the electric barrier. Sydney is very clever, but her trickery is limited against the all-seeing eyes of techlogy. Even if they were to survive the escape, disappearing into the forgotten forests and towns of the past seems an impossible task. What Sydney doesn't kw is that she is the particular interest of two opposing forces. With deceit, fear, and warfare surrounding her--can she trust the party that aims to help with her fight against the other? Can she open her heart to receive and return unexpected love? When her sister's life becomes jeopardized, Sydney will have to weigh a new love against the only enduring love she has kwn. The cost could be deadly...How will she choose?
- Author BiographyGabrielle Arrowsmith was born to her loving mother, father, and older brother on August 16th, 1988. She grew up in the small town of Ham Lake, MN enjoying reading, writing, playing soccer, acting in school plays, playing piano, and adventures with her brother and cousins. Gabrielle's high school years were very well-rounded and challenged her time management skills. She studied diligently, enabling her to graduate near the top of her class and earn an AP Scholar with Distinction recognition for her success in college-level courses and exams. She was seen as a leader in both the National Honor Society where she was elected vice president and on her soccer and track teams which each appointed her as captain. Between soccer and track seasons, Gabrielle acted in enough school theater productions to be inducted into the Thespian Society. During her senior year, she earned the Triple A award for performance in academics, athletics, and arts. From 2006-2009 Gabrielle attended the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN where she earned a degree in Elementary Education. She played collegiate soccer for the Saints, held two work-study positions, acted in three theater productions and volunteered often. She was on the Dean's List every semester and graduated summa cum laude. Since 2009, Gabrielle has enjoyed teaching third through sixth graders in various school settings. She has recently transitioned to substitute teaching in order to pursue her passion for storytelling through both writing and acting. She also continues to enjoy playing and coaching soccer.
- Author(s)Gabrielle Arrowsmith
- PublisherClean Teen Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleConcealed in the Shadows
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClean Teen Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $15.61Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.