All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten from a transatlantic perspective and based largely on primary sources, Conceiving Carolina provides the first systematic treatment of the colonization of South Carolina in over a century. It argues that the political culture that developed in the colony amounted to an extension of the political life in early modern England. Provincial politics, in turn, shaped social developments, notably the emergence of a slave society. Thus, the book calls into question the notion of the inherent distinction and modernity of colonial British America.
- Author BiographyL.H. ROPER is an Associate Professor and Chair at the State University of New York at New Paltz, USA.
- Author(s)Louis H. Roper
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight409 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.