Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Tanya Reinhart's major contributions to linguistic theory is the development of the Theta System (TS), a theory of the interface between the system of concepts and the linguistic computational system. Reinhart introduced her theory in a seminal paper, The Theta System: Syntactic Realization of Verbal Concepts (2000) and subsequently published other papers with further theoretical development. Although Reinhart continued to work on the Theta System, she had t completed a planned Linguistic Inquiry volume on the topic before her untimely death in 2007. This book, then, is the first to offer a systematic exposition of Reinhart's Theta System. The core of the book is Reinhart's 2000 paper, accompanied by substantial endtes with clarifications, summaries, and links to subsequent modifications of the theory, some in Reinhart's unpublished work. An appendix by Marijana Marelj discusses the domain of Case, based on an LSA course she taught with Reinhart in 2005. Two additional essays by Reinhart's linguistic colleagues discuss the division of labor between the lexicon and syntax and the apparent conflict between the Theta System and Distributed Morphology.
- Author BiographyThe late Tanya Reinhart was the Interface Chair at Utrecht University, a Global Distinguished Professor at NYU, and the author of Interface Strategies: Optimal and Costly Computations (MIT Press) and other books. Martin Everaert is Professor of Linguistics at Utrecht University. Marijana Marelj is affiliated with the Linguistics Department at Utrecht University. Eric Reuland is Faculty Professor of Language and Cognition at the Utrecht Institute of Linguistics (OTS).
- Author(s)Tanya Reinhart
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- Series TitleLinguistic Inquiry Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number72
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEric J. Reuland,Marijana Marelj,Martin Everaert
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.