All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the many engineering and architectural aspects of submarine design and how they relate to each other and the operational performance required of the vessel. Concepts of hydrodynamics, structure, powering and dynamics are explained, in addition to architectural considerations which bear on the submarine design process. The interplay between these aspects of design is given particular attention, and a final chapter is devoted to the generation of the concept design for the submarine as a whole. Submarine design makes extensive use of computer aids, and examples of algorithms used in concept design are given. The emphasis in the book is on providing engineering insight as well as an understanding of the intricacies of the submarine design process. It will serve as a text for students and as a reference manual for practising engineers and designers.
- Author(s)Louis J. Rydill,Roy Burcher
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/1995
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleCambridge Ocean Technology Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.2
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note60 b/w illus.
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byI. Dyer,R. Eatock Taylor,John Newman,W.G. Price
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.